We are open... with precautions in Place
Welcome to the *new ab-normal*... let's face it together!
There is a LOT of info on this page. Please read through EVERYTHING before signing up for an in-studio class... We want to continue to make Hip Ex a COMFORTABLE place for everyone. We can all take responsibility for giving others space, staying mindful, and enjoy the benefits of dancing together, safely!
Please call if you feel overwhelmed... happy to answer your questions and talk you through it. 727.251.5241.
- NO WALK-INS - You must pre-register. If you walk in and are not registered & pre-paid you'll have to go downstairs and outside and check yourself in - if there is space.
- Keep a card on file please. If you want to purchase something during your visit, this will streamline the process.
- Bring your own props if you need them.
- Bring your own water or buy it from our fridge. No water refills are available, the water fountain is out of order.
- Are you new? Allow us to help you get familiar with the space. We'll greet you and give you a tour, you're welcome to be perfectly yourself here, just as you are!
- No gum. Sealed water bottles only. Keep your heavy lotions and smelly perfumes for date night, not for the studio.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to class time, check in at the front desk with your name. The lobby is no longer a waiting area, we have a lovely bench outside for socializing between classes.
- Masks are REQUIRED for entry, in the stairwell and lobby.
- Remove your shoes and leave them DOWNSTAIRS.
- Please allow ONE PERSON in the stairwell at a time. Relax. You don't need to rush, give everyone space. Just like driving in San Fransisco, DOWNHILL has the right of way ;)
- Stop at our Sanitation Station in the Lobby (washy washy!) OR wash your hands on the way in or out, after sneezing, coughing, or nose blowing, and before and after using the restroom.
- We often greet with hugs - instead, now we are doing improvisational dance greetings - we'll show you ours if you show us yours!
- Phones OFF during class. Bring in as FEW items as you need to, and keep them closest to your space in the classroom against the wall, at least 6 feet away from everyone else's stuff.
- Studio floors are cleaned promptly after each class, so please take your chatting outside.
By signing up for a class, you are declaring that:
- you do not have a fever, respiratory symptoms, sore throat or new headache
- you have not been exposed to anyone with these symptoms OR diagnosed positive for COVID-19
IF you are diagnosed or become sick, please notify us immediately, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will never disclose your identity, but notify those who were in your vicinity that someone has been diagnosed so they can also take precautionary procedures.
Don't touch your face! Wear your mask until it it time to dance; at that point masks are optional, though you are welcome to wear them for class as well. They must be put on immediately following class, or if exiting the classroom.
In the classroom please stay in your appropriately marked spot, and maintain physical 6-foot distance from person to person.
We have new release forms for everyone to sign; you can print them out here and bring them in, or sign them when you arrive at the Studio for the first time.
If you will not show up for class, please cancel 24 hours prior to class start time to avoid a fee. Others may want the opportunity.
We have the right to ask you to leave.
After and between each class, we wipe down all surfaces including the floors, and allow an extra 30 minutes between classes. We also wipe things that are touched, door frames, handles, light switches, countertops, etc.
- Class times are staggered to allow for traffic to flow either up and into class, or out after class. Please be conscious of this flow and leave extra time for parking, and waiting to come up stairs (one person in stairwell at a time).
- Class spaces are limited, there are X's on the floor in various colors, ask your instructor which color is appropriate for their class.
- Please fill out BOTH pages of the following forms and bring to your first class:
If you are unable to fill them out, come a few minutes prior to class and fill them out at the studio with our freshly sanitized pens!
Designed for those who are brand new to the style or to dance, we keep it simple, accessible & fun. Includes our Intro to Belly Dance classes, now three times a week starting in August!
This class is for everyone, regardless of experience, just keep moving and enjoy.
For those with a solid understanding of the fundamentals, and mindful enough of your body that you can move safely through space, no matter what pace we present.
You may want to check with the instructor before joining, each class has a specific set of pre-requisites and we want you to have a safe, enjoyable experience.
Having trouble with the above links? Use our Classic Sign-In Screen.