The Best Belly Dance Vacation Ever! Family & Friends Welcome!
Explore - Collaborate - Inspire
Join us as we sail the seven seas, spreading joy and laughter with the symbol of the red flower to let people know that yep - we're the friendly ones with a smile and a dance for every body! All are welcome - we are belly dancers, family, friends, and others who get swept up in the joy and then become friends.
This is cruising as you've never done before; with dozens of pals ready to experience joy everywhere we go. Soon everyone else on the ship knows who we are, what we do, and when to expect a show! Get ready to be part of the red flower revolution!
We started our first cruise in 2009, and have been sailing every year since! We travel as a group on reputable ships that hold thousands of people; the red flower becomes a crucial identifier that you're part of our 'tribe'.
We vary ports of call, sometimes sailing out of Tampa, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, etc. The night before we cruise we have a Bon Voyage Party, so plan on coming early. When we sail out of Tampa, we host the party at the Studio, and stay at the hotel right next door (how convenient!).
You MUST book through our Travel Agent, Arleene. We book together early to get the absolute best pricing in the category of your choice; cruise lines are notorious for 'hidden fees' and we try to cover all of those up front. Don't be fooled by advertisements that are hundreds of dollars less... they haven't yet included the fees! Also, when we book together, we have clout to acquire spaces on the ship for our group gatherings, cocktail parties, theme nights, etc, as well as dinner times together. So if you don't book with us... you'll be left out! How to Book? Contact Arleene at email@example.com, or call 727.564.6847.
Belly Dance Party Cruise 2022
- Join Hip Expressions on our 13th Annual Belly Dance Party Cruise! Enjoy all the amenities of a Cruise, PLUS parties, events, and the camaraderie of the Hip Expressions vibe!
- We encourage self-expression and fulfillment through movement, dance, and fun!
- You do NOT need to be a belly dancer to come play with us. This is a come as you are event open to every body! All you need is a willingness to harmonize, collaborate, accept, and enjoy all our differences while concentrating on our similarities!
- Hip Expressions is an inclusive, creative movement community that is known WORLDWIDE for our culture and spirit. Join us, why not?
- We will fly into Greece two days early, stay tuned for hotel information. Plane tickets you will book on your own to Athens. We will let you know which hotel we recommend that we all stay at, that will be fun!
- All-Inclusive to Greece with Celestyal Cruises
- Sept 3-10th, 2022
- *arrive in Greece Sept 1st
- Day 1 - Athens, Greece, 6pm
- Day 2 - Kudasi, Turkey, 8am - 7pm
- - included excursion KUS-02 Ancient Ephesus through the ages - Hellenists/Roman*
- Day 3 - Rhodes, Greece, 8am - 6pm
- - included excursion RHO-01 Medieval Tour Acropolis of Lindos and the citadel of the Knights*
- Day 4 - Agios Nikolaos, Greece, 8am - 8pm
- Day 5/6 - Santorini, Greece, 7am - 2:30AM
- Day 6 - Milos, Greece, 8:30 - 1:30pm
- Day 6/7 - Mykonos, Greece, 7pm - 7pm (overnight)
- Day 8 - Athens, Greece, 9am
- *included shore excursions cannot be removed or replaced
- CRUISE PRICE
- (MUST book through Arleene, deposits ARE fully refundable, booking dates are May 16 - 30, 2021; note that rooms are going FAST!)
- Includes: Drinks - 2 Excursions - Meals - Cabins - Gratuities - Taxes - Port Fees - NO HIDDEN COSTS!
- - Starting at $1330/person interior room, $2220/person balcony
- - Travel Insurance HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and it's very affordable
- - Contact Arleene to book your room, 727-564-6847, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hip Expressions Fee $150 per person (register HERE)
- This fee includes: Group Meetups, Cocktail Party, Theme Nights, & Shenanigans!
- Please note, you MUST book the cruise through Arleene (we have special discounts and group rates!) AND pay the Hip Expressions Fee to join us on this cruise. We put a lot of time, work, & energy into crafting this experience JUST for you, please respect that.
- We are very excited about exploring Greece! This fun-packed itinerary leaves little room for formal movement classes; be on the lookout as dance opportunities expand.
- Join our private FB group, Hip Belly Dance Party Cruisers, to get the latest updates. Make sure you answer all the group questions OR your request will be denied. We keep our group SAFE so we can all have UNINHIBITED FUN!
- Traveling solo? Need a roommate? Let us know and we'll try to hook you up!
- STEP ONE:
- Find our FB Group "Hip Belly Dance Party Cruisers" & request to join
- STEP TWO:
- Register with Hip Expressions (you can register now and pay later.)
- STEP THREE:
- ...on the 16th of May, call Arleene to hold your room! 727-564-6847, email@example.com
- Can't wait to explore Greece with you soon! Remember your RED FLOWER!
- Remember... continue to monitor FB as plans evolve! Working with Cruise ships on planning events is kinda like requesting a ride on a cloud. The cloud wants you come along, but is pretty vague on details until it's right over you and then you figure out you need an umbrella. (did that make sense to anyone except me? - Johanna)
What to Expect...
Our Mission: Explore - exotic ports of call... Collaborate - build a community of dance & music... Inspire - you with classes & experiences, and all those we meet in our travels!
What to Expect: Aside from all the things to do on the Cruise Ship, we also offer...
- FRIENDLY FELLOWSHIP of Cruisers! We welcome everyone and are here to have fun together!
- Dinner together (most nights); try to sit somewhere new or next to someone new every night! Schedule changes announced as well
- Dance, Drum, Music, and Yoga Classes - instruction in a variety of topics! You'll learn something new!
- Jams after dinner, sometimes in the hot tub, sometimes in our favorite location
- Dancing & Shenannigans - We often close down the disco so NEVER think everyone’s gone to bed!
- Theme Nights - Pirate/Mermaids, 70's Night or White Party, Wig Night, Hat Day, Formal Night...
- Professional Show (open to dance professionals & troupes, submit a Performer Application and please include links to videos of your performance for consideration.)
How to Prepare:
- Musicians & dancers, check in with us to see what songs/pieces we are working on for next year so we can all prep and plan ahead
- Check back for theme nights so you can plan your costumes. There will always be a Fancy Night, maybe two
- Check back for schedule changes... they happen often when you're planning a trip at sea!
- Take your vitamins! You want to be healthy on our trip!
Get ready to have some FUN!!!!
* Please note the itinerary is not mandatory! At any point in time you are also welcome to: Relax in your room and order room service, relax on deck and read a book, enjoy hot tubs, pools, movies on the pool deck, game rooms, get involved in their games & activities (check the ship's daily schedule), try your luck at the Vegas-style casino, get a treatment at the Spa, visit the fitness center, jogging track, play at the video arcade, eat at the various restaurants on the ship, enjoy a show in the main theatre, dance in their disco, have a cocktail and lounge in their bars, shop Duty-Free, visit the art gallery
...Bringing the kids? Tons of Kids Activities, Teen hangouts and family-oriented activities too!
Suggested list of What to Bring
- Passport & cash
- RED FLOWER(s) - attach to hair, bags, lapel...
- bathing suits, sunscreen & insect repellant
- motion sickness deterrent (our favorites are the wristbands & Bonine)
- sweaters for inside/late night
- yoga pants/dance class attire
- instruments (drums, flutes, guitars, accordions, zills, harmonica, anything you have that makes noise)
- Costumes for theme nights. Past nights have included: Formal, Hat, Wig, Gatsby, 70's, Pirates/Mermaids, White/Glow
- good walking shoes for any excursion or water shoes if you need them
- anything you may need if you book an excursion
- A SMILE & willingness to go with the FLOW!
"Had a great time! Such a wonderful, fun-loving group to hang out with. Love the body confidence!"
"This group was the most inclusive & welcoming group. That alone completely made this trip worth every minute & penny! Thank you!" - Dancer
"Everyone was so nice and sweet. I didn't have one bad moment the whole week." - Non-Dancer Friend
"I really enjoyed this, I felt no pressure to do anyhthing and was able to enjoy it my way! Looking forward to next year!" - Dancer
"It was great to meet Shimmy Mob dancers from all over! What great people!" - Dancer
"Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Everyone was very welcoming. All the activities were very well coordinated and fun!" - Dancer Spouse
"It was a great experience, the staff was amazing & extremely nice. First time on the cruise & I would recommend it!" - Dancer Family member